Tuesday, July 12, 2011

My Baclofen Bump - TheTechnology

A new technology is giving me the chance to move and be semi-productive again. I had a Baclofen pump inserted into my spinal cord. This pump drips the medication directly into my spinal cord and is eliminating the severe spasms that I have had to deal with in my back and legs. Having the spasms end is a wonderful thing in that I can walk and stand without doubling up after only a few minutes. For example, to do dishes I used to have to sit after washing less than a sink full of dishes and add more hot water to do the next batch. Although it does not work on the nerve damage to my legs and back it has made me feel that a big difference has been made. Only drawback is that I look to be pregnant on the right side of my belly where the pump is located. But I can live without looking fashionable anymore. The good far outweighs the bad stuff.

No comments: