Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Cyrus and Can-Do-Canines

it was only last year when I put in an application for a service dog to help me with my mobility issues. After I went through he approval process and the home interview I had to wait to be matched to a dog undergoing final training. Then in November, right after Thanksgiving, I was matched to a dog. Cyrus was brought to the house by one of the in-house trainers and she showed me how to act with my boy. Then for the next few months Cyrus and I were in training, or to be exact, I was in training to learn to use Cyrus. We went with our local trainer, Kemlyn, to the stores, the mall, the pet store and trained in the house. When we felt I had reached the level of competency, we were tested and passed our certification test. Now we are waiting for Graduation next month.

I can't believe how much this dog has opened up my life. I feel good going out on my own to even just take a walk in the neighborhood. He is also always with me and supporting me, loving me unconditionally. It is amazing and I can not thank all the people who made this possible for me. God bless you all!

No comments: