Sunday, April 19, 2009

April in Minnesota

This has been the worst Spring I can remember. It just seems that winter does not want to let go, but this weekend I think the tide has turned. We have green sprouting in all the tree tops overnight after a nice spring storm yesterday. It is strange how just this little touch of green brightens my spirits and makes me lighthearted.

Its been a year since we closed on our new home and it sure went fast. But right now the days are dragging as I am waiting to go through my lawsuit for medical malpractice for my Cauda Equina syndorme injuries. Should be done by the end of June, I hope. But enough on that item.

I placed a silver glazing ball in the lilac bush beside the house and watched as the little chickadees went wild. They were flying at the ball and trying to get those "Other" birds to leave. For over twenty minutes I watched them hopping from branch to branch and to the top of the ball. They seemed mesmerized by their own reflections.

Well I am going to sign off for now and enjoy the budding leaves in my trees outside the window and dream of warm weather and sunny days.

No comments: