Thursday, October 9, 2008

50 and going strong

Yep that is right - the big 50 snuck up and grabbed me last Sunday. How do I feel? Absolutely the same as I always have. Why do we feel a need to put such a magnitude of feelings and expectations on a simple birthdate? Why do we classify ourselves as middle age just because we hit a specific number? Birthdays have never bothered me and I hope never will, but it was fun seeing all the ways that the human race tries to deal with it for me. The bank offered me their preferred golden membership - Just because I am 50 I should be more responsible and mature. AARP send me their little birthday packet too - but this one I used. And finally the local shop I love to go too - offered me membership in their golden buying circle. What the heck!!! Am I more mature now that I hit the BIG 5-0!! No way, I am still the same person, give me a soft summer rain and a downspout and you will probable find me playing in the water. Grow up - me NEVER!!

2 comments:

Wild Woman said...

And I will be right beside you under that spout!

headbanger_71369 said...

Happy Birthday!
You should see how much I'm teasing ol' "T". BTW, have you voted yet?... on my blog? I have a Heavy Metal election going on! Spread the word!
-Joel